Department of Education provides NEC Scholarship to candidates of N.E.R. for students of Professional / Technical /Management / M.Phil / PhD courses. The scholarship aims at providing financial aid to students of North Eastern Region undergoing studies in various disciplines at a recognized institution within or outside North-Eas Region.
Contenders, who want to enjoy the benefits of NEC Scholarship Scheme, they can fill up online NEC Application Form by visiting the official website.
Before filling the NEC Scholarship Application form candidates must satisfy all the eligibility criteria which are stated below. After applying for NEC Scholarship, aspirants have to appear for Selection procedure which is going to be held on schedule date.
NEC Scholarship 2018
Courses Under NEC Scholarship:
- Diploma / Certificate Courses
- Graduate Degree Courses
- PG Diploma Courses
- Phil & Ph.D
NEC Scholarship Eligibility:
Candidates who are going to apply for NEC Scholarship 2018 must satisfy all the below-stated eligibility criteria:
- Applying aspirants must be a permanent resident of any of the States in the North East can apply for stipends and book grants.
- Aspirants must possess the relevant qualification from a well-recognized institution or university.
- Applying candidates should not be in receipt of any other financial support from any other source except National or State Merit Scholarship.
- The maximum marks for the grant of stipend should be 55% for General /OBC/MOBC and 50% for SC/ST candidates in the relevant qualifying examination for Diploma,
- Degree and Post-Graduate courses.
Reservation for OC/SC/ST/OBC:
This reservation will be made according to the percentage of SC, ST & OBC and also limited to a maximum of 50% as ruled by the Supreme Court and as followed by the Govt. of India
SC, ST & OBC candidates who are qualified on the merit of their own as general candidates would be considered as additional to the reservation for SC, ST & OBC.
NEC Scholarship Amount:
- The selected students will receive a stipend under this scheme as per the rates are given below –
- Diploma level course – INR 20,000 per annum.
- Degree level course – INR 22,000 per annum.
- PG courses – INR 25,000 per annum.
- M.Phil/PhD – INR 30,000 per annum.
Selection Procedure For NEC Scholarship:
After proper advertisement and following selection procedure as outlined at Annexure V, Selection of the aspirants for Diploma level upwards will be made by the State Govt.
- Permanent residence certificate
- Recommendation by the Head of Institution
- Undertaking for not availing any other scholarship
- Marksheets of qualifying examination
- Category certificate (if applicable)Copy of Aadhar Card/first page of bank passbook/PAN card/Email id/Ration
- Card/Birth Certificate etc.
How To Apply For NEC Scholarship 2018
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps –
- Register through National Scholarship Portal.
- Fill in all required details.
- Upload necessary supporting documents.
- Finally submit the duly filled application form
- Download the application form from here.
- Fill in all required details with a black coloured ink pen.
- Attach all required documents.
- Send duly filled application form along with the documents to Directorate of Higher Education by post.
NEC Scholarship 2018 last date: September- October 2018
Check Out: Latest Scholarship in India
Rules for Renewal of Stipend and Book Grant:
Renewal of stipend and book-grant is subject to fulfillment of certain terms and conditions by the stipend holder.
Renewal of stipend and book-grant is generally for a period of one year that is from 1st April to 31st March of the next year.
Medical Science Stipend holders can apply for apply for renewal after completion of each professional examination
On the proposal of the Head of the Department Of Education, M.Phil stipend will be extended for a period of six months/one semester.
Final Words: Scholarshipstutus.com provide information education purpose only. More information like Scholarship status 2018 and any other information please refer official website.