Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) as known as KVPY Scholarship is a scholarship of Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India. To exceptionally highly motivated students for pursuing basic science courses and research career in science. Students who will clear KVPY Scholarship written exam and interview will be eligible for direct admission in top institutes like IISc and the various IISERs.
The objective of the KVPY scholarship program is to identify students with talent and aptitude for research; help them realize their academic potential; encourage them to take up research careers in Science, and ensure the growth of the best scientific minds for research and development in the country.
KVPY Scholarship 2018
KVPY Scholarship Latest Update
- Name: KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana).
- Conducting Authority:Indian Institute of Science.
- Streams: SA, SB, and SX.
- Exam Centres: 54 Centers.
- Exam Date: 4th November 2018.
- Nationality Citizen of India.
- Category: KVPY Scholarship.
- Official Website: www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
KVPY Sch0larship important date:
- Online Application Form Issued 11th July 2018
- Last Date Form Filling 31st August 2018 (5:00 PM)
- Admit Card Availability 2nd week of October 2018
- Exam Date 4th November 2018
- Provisional Answer Key Release 4th week of November 2018
- Objection Against Answer Key till last week of November 2018
- Result Announcement 3rd week of December 2018
- Interview Round 3rd week of January 2019
- Final Result Declare April 2019
KVPY Eligibility Criteria – www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
- What are SA, SB and SX in KVPY?
Class XI, Class XII and first year students in undergraduate program in Basic Sciences are eligible to apply for KVPY, the examination is divided into three streams:
- They have to give SA Test. Stream SA class XI Standard during the academic year KVPY is conducte.
- They have to give SX/SB Test.Stream SX class XII Standard during the academic year KVPY is conducted.
- Stream SB 1st year of undergraduate program in Basic Sciences during the academic year in KVPY is conducted. They have to give SX/SB Test.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria For Stream SA
- Candidates studying in class 11th Science Stream scored 75% in Mathematics and science subjects class 10 eligible to apply.
- Candidates falling under SC/ST/PWD category need to obtain 65% in aggregate.
- The fellowship to students under this stream awarded join an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S.) in the academic year 2021-2022.
- They need to secure 60% and 50% for SC/ST/PWD category in aggregate of all science subjects in class 12 board exam. Students will be invited for the National Science (Vijyoshi) Camp and their travel and other related expenses will be bore by KVPY scholarship amount.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria For Stream SB
1. Candidates in first year of bachelor degree in Basic Sciences eligible Candidates scored 60% in 12th class is 50% reserved categories SC/ST/PwD.
2. Candidates obtain 60% (50% for reserved categories) in first year exam of the undergraduate.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria For Stream SX
- who are studying in 10+2 standard must have scored 60% in the exam (50% for SC/ST/PwD candidates).
- Candidates have to pursue bachelor in basic sciences only.
- Candidates obtained 75% in class 10 SC/ST/PwD candidates score 65%.
- SA Analytical Skills, Syllabus of class 11th subjects (Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology)
- SB Analytical Skills, Syllabus of class 12th (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology).
- SX Analytical Skills, Syllabus of their respective class. Syllabus of class 12th(Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics). 1st year of B.Sc. / B.S. / B.Stat. / B.Math. / Int. M.Sc. / M.S. syllabus applicable.
KVPY Payout – kvpy scholarship amount
Basic Sciences Monthly Fellowship Annual Contingency Grant,kvpy scholarship amount
- SA/SX/SB – during 1st to 3rd years – B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S. Rs. 5000 Rs. 20000
- SA/SX/SB – during M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M.Math./M.Stat. Rs. 7000 Rs. 28000
KVPY How to Apply:
- Filling personal and academic details, choosing test centres and uploading photo, signature and other certificates, as applicable.
- Payment of application fees. Please note that you must pay the fee only at the KVPY application portal. This can be done by using a Credit Card, ATM-Debit Card or Net Banking. No other means of payment will be accepted. Application is submit refund of application fee will be done.
- The medium of Question Paper Bilingual- English & Hindi Language.
- Type of Questions Multiple choice questions
- Sections Part I & Part II. There will be four sections in Part I & Part II.
- Negative Marking Part : I = 0.25 marks, Part : II = 0.50%
- Total Marks 100 Marks
The examination organized cities:
- East: Patna (Bihar), Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi (Jharkhand), Bhubaneshwar, Rourkela (Orissa), Naharlagun (Arunachal Pradesh), Guwahati, Tezpur (Assam), Shillong (Meghalaya), Agarthala (Tripura), Asansol, Burdwan, Durgapur, Kolkata, Siliguri (West Bengal).
- North: Chandigarh (Chandigarh), Delhi (Delhi-NCR), Ambala, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Karnal, Kurukshetra (Haryana), Jammu (Jammu & Kashmir), Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala (Punjab), Ajmer, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Sikar (Rajasthan), Agra, Allahabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh), Dehradun (Uttarakhand).
- South: Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), Belagavi, Bengaluru, Bidar, Chikkamangaluru, Davanagere, Dharwad, Haliyal, Hassan, Hubballi, Kalburagi, Mandya, Mangaluru, Mysuru, Shivamogga, Udupi (Karnataka), Hyderabad (Telangana), Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Idukki, Kannur, Kasaragod, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Pathanamthitta, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur (Kerala), Puducherry (Puducherry), Chennai, Coimbatore, Kanchipuram, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem (Tamil Nadu).
- West: Panaji (Goa), Ahamedabad, Anand, Rajkot, Vadodra (Gujarat), Amaravati, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Thane (Maharashtra), Bilaspur, Raipur (Chhattisgarh), Bhopal, Indore (Madhya Pradesh).
Scholarshipstutus.com provide information education purpose only. More information like Scholarship status 2018 and any other information please refer official website www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in .